Saturday 15 June 2013

The Name Game

Hey pups! After reading Two Pitties in the City's post titled: Sociabulls: On the Most Popular Dog Names. So I thought I would share the story of my naming and some popular dog names.

After a quick sniff around the internet Mom found a couple of pages that had the most popular dog names.


From the female list, these are my favourites:

  • Coco
  • Chloe
  • Sadie
From the male list:

  • Bear
  • Buddy
  • Cooper
Mom and I are not big fans of giving human names to dogs. We think that dogs are individual and different from humans (duh!) and deserve their own name. That is why Mom didn't really search around the internet when naming me; instead she thought about it and worked with what she could come up with. This was the short-list of my possible names:

  • Coral-Mom
  • Broszka-Big Guy
  • Dina-Bog Guy
  • Sporty-Big Guy
  • Uno-Mom
The second option appeared after I had come home and Mom didn't like it much. What do you guys think of the short-list? 

Why?

Dina Mom: I chose the name I did because Big Guy's family's second Boxer was named Dina (first was Dox) and she died at six months of age- of worms I think- and I thought it would be nice to keep the name alive in our family.

Now you know why each day I sign off with Dina, not Bella or Lola! What is the story behind your names, pups? 



Licks and Wags,
Dina




6 comments:

  1. We r shocked the name lassie didnt make the top ten list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm named after New Orleans, Louisiana. Mom loves New Orleans food and architecture, so it just fit! My registered name is Mia Bella Nola (My Beautiful Nola in Italian).
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pip is after Great Expectations and Molly from Moll Flanders. Have a serene Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roy comes from the old French term Roi meaning King. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shortly after bringing our little girl home from our neighborhood shelter, my husband and I noticed that her tail has a life of it's own! Whenever her tail happened to hit against a hard surface, such as a nearby wall or the floor if laying down, we were able to hear it a mile away! As a result, we decided to name our girl "Taylor"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think your name is great and very suiting. It's nice that it has some meaning, too! I am an engineer and Nikola Tesla is such an interesting person -- and it is such a cute name for a little girl doggy. So, when we found a matching dog, it was natural that he be named Edison!!

    ReplyDelete