Monday 6 May 2013

Monday Hike

Hey pups! So we finally did it! It wasn't the original 12 mile plan but it was still plenty long enough, I have taken time out of my currently very busy sleeping schedule to post about my marvellous day today. Mom and I left at 11:11 this morning and waited for AGES for the bus as it is a Bank Holiday and the buses run on the Sunday schedule so they were once every hour. Luckily the stop is by a field so at least it was vaguely interesting.

Is it there yet?

Sorry for the strap!

When we got off in the town centre we headed straight for the river because our trail (Pilgrim's Way) ran along it for the first stretch.



Bet he would be fun to chase!

Weeeee!

Gorgeous!

But it needs my check over nevertheless!

At long last, the proper trail began!

Found it Mom!


Ohhh yes! The life!

A little rest while Mom catches up

A new breed of dog? Or Great Dane?

Hang on Mom- I'm trying to figure it out.



Taking a rest before climbing the hill.



I even lay down of my own accord!


And finally we have reached the top!!! We are the champions...

Pit Stop!

Hmmm...That Labrador is fascinating!


Guarding our stuff

As every good guard dog knows the best way to protect is to sit on it!

So nice and cool!

The stunning view

Barktastic!

When we were up there a guy came up to Mom and asked he rot take a picture of him in front of the church that was up there. There was also a mean man who kept bouncing a ball but Mom didn't tell me get at it. Rude!!! I mean totally understandable, Mom!

The descent:


You don't let me chase after balls, this is all you get!



Of course, as per usual, Mom had to go and get us lost!

So where are we, Mom?

But we soon found our way!


There was some weird yelling going on!

I was very interested

Baby fern!


Hullo! What are you doing down there?

Final leg: waiting for the bus home!



Licks and Wags,
Dina







8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great and interesting hike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was! We both came back shattered!

      Delete
  2. Holey Moley we were tired just watching you do your walk in the pictures...great job!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a hike! We're glad you had fun and didn't get too lost. ;) Too bad your mean mom wouldn't let you play ball!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like a great hike. How would you have the energy to play with the ball too? I'd be tuckered out just from all the hiking! :)

    Looks like fun mischief! Happy Monday Mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great place to hike! I'm so shocked that you are able to take Dina on public transportation! I think here they would only allow it if it was a therapy dog but now I think I will look into it and see what the rules are here about riding a bus with a pup. Here is Houston you almost have to have a car though as public transportation here is darn near nonexistent as Houston is so far spread out. We really enjoyed your video too! Seems like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how u sat on the stuff to protect it.

    ReplyDelete